Add to order
Return to listings
A completely updated new edition of the essential outdoor guidebook for the Whistler area
With the 2010 Olympics, the Squamish-to-Pemberton corridor will soon be showcased around the world. Concise, thorough, and easy to use, this updated edition of The Whistler Book gives readers all the information they need for the area?s variety of recreational opportunities. As Jack Christie notes, ?adventurers flock here year-round to indulge themselves?: in winter with skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing; in summer with camping, hiking, paddling, rock climbing, fishing, swimming, and mountain biking.
Christie leads the way with handy, detailed trail maps for all locations, destination highlights, insider info boxes, and tips on some of his personal favourite spots.
This edition includes updated information on:
* 2010 Olympic venues, including the Callaghan Valley, site of the 2010 Winter Olympic Nordic ski events
* new Whistler mountain-bike trails
* the Whistler Blackcomb Peak 2 Peak Gondola, opened in December 2008
* the revitalized Squamish waterfront
* the new Sea to Sky Trail, a multiuse trail stretching from Horseshoe Bay to D?Arcy, B.C.